Bonjour mes amis!
I was just wondering of all of you when I wrote this. How you would be open to chew this in and how many things would have a different meaning if I would say anything wrong here. But I am also full of hope that this will be a big impact on your lives and your loves (work, parenting, applies to all that you love to do, your passion, your desires)
What I want to talk about is something I very much lack it, at first, I thought, “Heck no! I can’t be diving into this headfirst. This is way too hard to accomplish in a lifetime”, but! Looking at the benefits of it, it is very much likely that I stop my thinking for a bit and listen to what it has in store for me and us.
What do you do when you are an introverted person, face gets red when someone breathes your air and gets uncomfortable when you are being spotlighted? Well, I just explained me there! The same is with me as well. I get all comfy to talk with individuals but dang, it cringes when somebody calls out my name in a group to talk about a specific topic. Oh! How the volume would minimize itself until it’s inaudible.
But here we are, talking about goals beyond our comfort zone. Here we are, wanting to make a difference by doing the first thing that would take away heartbeats from us. Why? Because there is nothing in this world that can stop us if we are passionate enough to let others be mutually influenced as we are. Somewhere somehow, you look at that TedTalk and want to be like them too, somewhat somewhen, you see someone you look up to talk about life, and you want to do that as well, but arrghh! This inability to speak our minds out. How do we do that then if we are too comfy in our pajamas, looking from afar the ability of others but aren’t able to do anything about it at the least?
I would like to share about my experience (again, cuz life is too boring to not take up opportunities when given). How some of the tips I will mention below helped me better communicate with strangers and people in general. You can also add in the comments, what your thoughts on these points are, your experience, or even your points to aid future readers as well.
Here are the points noted that helped me overcome this mountain and be free-flowing and smooth as communications should be.
- Think of your WHY? Why you react as such. Why your mouth shuts when it is time? Why so on and so forth.
My why was: Why do I shut myself when something is ought to be talked about?
A: Uncomfortable | Nervous | Dislike | Sad | Angry but don’t want to show it | Probed too often
- Next up, think about one instance that you could have done better if you had it full on! It can be your an argument with friends or family, it can also be raising your hand in the class when you know the answer.
I thought of an instance where I had an uncomfortable situation with my fiancée but I didn’t say a word about it. (I know, crazy right? I can’t just open up to ANYONE)
- Then after that, try to pretend that you are in the same situation and make use of the following points while doing so:
- Take a deep breath, and analyze the situation.
- Buy some time for you to clear your mind and spirit (all of the hate and resentment if you do have😁)
- Ask for clarification (also part of buying time but then this could also make you more aware of what there is to talk about.
- Choose what kind of tone you would communicate through
- Calm yourself. Look away for a while and then come back
- After all of this, you will also need to mention the following in the conversation. Here they are:
- What I know: State to the person what you understand from it and let them know what you think of it.
- What I do not know: State to the person about what you are not sure of, your doubts and your unclears.
- How I will find out: (This is why you need to buy some time so you could come back with better composure of words and information) Tell the person the way(s) you will deal with it or that you will research on.
This is how you will make sure that you are at the least communicating well. In some time I will also do a part two on this but I am hanging up until here now.
Let me know if this helps, would love to hear your thoughts on it 🙂