So, last week was a very busy week. Wondering why? (Do check out my previous blogs if you haven’t done so) Well, because there was so much to do in so less time. I had taken a one week “self-reflection time” off from work. Without even knowing, I had three more days left for the self-reflection thingy. I had no idea how time flew past that quick. But luckily, I learnt something from it about my self, some things that I wouldn’t have if I didn’t take a week off from work.
Wanna know how it went? Read on ahead! 😊
I had a hard time figuring out what to do with my time throughout the week but hey, I am young and it’s like a must for me to procrastinate! Actually, that was the first thing on my list. Procrastinate! Haha, weird enough.
This is just from my perspective and what I had learnt last week during my self-reflection time. Not saying that these are the have-to rules for everyone here but, for those of you who really think you have walked past yourself and couldn’t catch up anymore, here’s some ideas for you to self-reflect on:
- Take one of your favorite notebook and your pens(Yes! be creative with multicolored pens )
- Go to your secret place or somewhere quiet. Do carry your headphones if you are going somewhere quite noisy
- Flight-mode your phone. This is important so that you won’t get distracted while you work on your self-reflection. You can still listen to music, even if your phone is on flight-mode. Here is some music to listen to while you reflect.
- Open the first page of your notebook, and start writing. Write whatever you feel at the moment, your thoughts, emotions, write up as much as you can. Fill one more page of that and then you read. Read what you wrote and examine yourself whether this is who you are. Through those writings, begin to notice a lovely writer writing a love letter and expressing how much it means to be alive daily.
- Ahh! How good it does feel to have written all of the things in your brain-dump page. Now, you move on to the next page and let yourself be pampered with “What am I good at?”. The first impression is the best impression they say, so your first impression of this self-reflection journey can be why I love myself. Write down all of the things you love about yourself. The smell of your hair or socks, it can be as awkward as it is, since I don’t judge me. If you can’t think of anything yet, just try coming up with some points, around 3 to 4 at the least.
- Now, you’re done with impressing yourself. You can then start with, what don’t I like about myself/ Things I need improvement on and things like that (remember that the goal is to impress yourself, so don’t write words like “Why I hate myself”, if you did, you wouldn’t even reach the 5th point). Again, it can be the smell of your hair or your socks, not judging (cuz I can’t see 😂)
- Would you look at that! You have completed half of what it is there for your self-reflection. I am so proud of you (yes, proud of you who read till the 7th point without doing nothing as well😉) Here can you begin the harder part. Ask yourself the following questions:
- Where do I see myself in 5 years?
- What can I do now that will impact my future?
- How do I change my habits so that my future self will be more lovely and have a good heart?
- Where do I spend my money?
- Where do I spend my time?
- Why am I still doing what I am doing?
- What is my maturity level?
- After that, you can focus on your love life. What you want to do better or what you could do to make it blossom even more. Then go on to your jobs and businesses, think what you could do. This is because you need to focus on yourself first, your self-growth, your self-love, everything that helps you grow and prosper!
- Well, I know I said ten steps, but I would like to leave one point for your creative you 🤗 The last thing you would want to do is close the notebook with your best bookmark or a page-holder, literally; and just look through it at the end of every week. Self-reflection is something that you do regularly. It can’t be done in a day or a week 😏
- Here you go! Add on and groooowwww!
Okay, so I hope you find these tips helpful and do note this please: This page may contain affiliate links. If you click on my affiliate link and make a purchase, I would receive a small commission at no additional cost to you.
Let me know what you think of it. Would love to hear what you think ❤